Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Message from the Plate


Each morning, somewhere between 5:00 - 6:00a.m., I take my dog Coach for a walk.  During the school year we only have time for small loop (.4 mi), but during the summer we take all kinds of paths through the neighborhood.  I love the peacefulness of the world at that time of day.  The sun is rising, the birds are chirping, and Coach’s collar jingles as we move along. 
As we walked passed a home around the corner from us yesterday, I saw a license plate on an antique-looking car similar to the one below…

I smiled ear to ear and felt a powerful sense of joy upon studying the plate for a brief moment.  There was no specific memory that I produced, but the plate triggered a happy feeling as I associated it with my past. 
I often reflect upon the previous few days or look to the day ahead, always caught up in the hectic lifestyle that is the present day.  Rarely do I take the appropriate time to reflect on the relationships and memories of my past that provide happiness and perspective as to how lucky we all really are.
The license plate was a refreshing reminder to slow down, de-clutter your thoughts, think positively, give thanks, and focus on what’s important.  
Take care,
Coach Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment