Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Project Idea

The family went down to the park tonight and I took along my camera.  I intended to take pictures of my son on the playground, my dog swimming in the creek, or whatever else presented itself.

What ended up catching my eye was the "Story Trail" that lines the trail at Friendship Park.  The story is told in 12-15 parts that you get to read like pages as you walk along and enjoy the sights and sounds.  I share this because as I walked along, I thought about how cool of an idea it is on so many different levels.

I had a handful of ideas that I was thinking of sharing on the blog, but I feel as though I ought to just share the photos and let teachers and/or students that read this blog have ideas of their own.  One of the toughest things I find in project-based instruction is coming up with the idea that captures your attention and lights a fire inside of passion and excitement.  I often search my twitter feed to see what others in my PLN are sharing and then I take that idea and mold it into something that would fit my classroom.  So, here is my contribution... enjoy it, let your imagination go wild, and turn it into an authentic idea that you could pursue in your classroom.






Even though the project uses a children's book as the primary focus, I think the possibilities are endless and appropriate for any level of education or beyond.

Take care,
Coach Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment